Plastic-free Citric Acid Descaler
High Street Buy
Alternative for: appliance descalers in plastic bottles or pouches
An eco-friendly alternative to appliance descalers without the plastic, Citric Acid is a great limescale remover and ingredient in some make-your-own cleaners. It is biodegradable, non-toxic and fairly easy to source in cardboard packaging.
End of Life: recyclable
"Citric Acid is a great limescale remover - it really works! Suitable for kettles, dishwashers, washing machines, irons, shower heads, coffee machines and more. It can also be used as a cleaner, such as shifting limescale from toilet bowls and it's much safer than toxic bleach cleaners."
- 100% plastic-free
- 100% natural, non-toxic and biodegradable (made of natural acid found in citrus fruits)
- Multi-purpose and easy to use
From £1.75 per 250g
Where to Buy...
It is also available in cardboard from Wilko (own brand)
Or buy online from Big Green Smile
- If buying online the box may come wrapped in a plastic bag, so check with the retailer before buying if you want to avoid the plastic.
- Be sure to store Citric Acid some where dry and away from children
- Find more guidance on how to clean appliances using Citric Acid see the Dri-pak website
This information is provided as a guide only and is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Found something better?
Share your recommended plastic-free alternative