Bamboo Toothbrush by Georganics
Alternative for: plastic toothbrush
These bamboo toothbrushes from Georganics have a painted end reducing the chance of a mouldy handle.
Packaging: paperboard box
End of Life:
- Cut the head off the toothbrush. Put the handle in the compost or general waste.
- The wooden heads can be returned to Georganics as part of their Zero to Landfill scheme
- Packaging is recyclable
"I really like the handles because they’re round and fits nicely in your hand. The paint on the bottom helps stop the bottom of the handle from going black."
- Rounded ergonomic handle with painted end reducing the chance of a mouldy handle
- The range includes brushes with soft, medium and firm bristles as well as a kid-sized brush with soft bristles
- Bamboo wood is naturally anti-bacterial
- Suitable for Vegans and cruelty-free
- As with almost toothbrushes, the bristles are made from nylon (BPA-free Nylon-6), a synthetic plastic material which is difficult to recycle
~£4 per toothbrush
Where to Buy...
- To reduce risk of mould, store your toothbrush in a stand or hooks rather than a pot so that the handle can dry out between use
- It's time to replace your brush when the bristles start to curve (every 1-4 months)
- For more ideas on what to do with your old bamboo toothbrush see Bamwoo Bamboo Blog
Image from brand website.
This information is provided as a guide only and is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Found something better?
Share your recommended plastic-free alternative