Make-Your-Own Plastic-Free Sugar Face Scrub
Alternative for: face wash / exfoliator in plastic packaging
Difficulty Rating: easy
End of Life: ingredients are all biodegradable
"When my last plastic tube of face wash ran out I decided to try Impact for Good's recipe and it is fantastic! It made my face feel so soft and I recommend it if you're looking for a sustainable sugar scrub!"
Make-Your-Own recipe inspired by Impact for Good
- 2 cups of Sugar (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 caps full of Olive Oil
- 20-25 drops of your favourite Essential Oil (such as sweet orange, lavender or eucalyptus)
- Empty glass jar with lid
- Measuring cups / spoons
Add all the ingredients to a clean dry glass jar with lid
- Use 3-5 times per week
- First wet face, apply scrub, and wash off using a wet flannel
Sourcing the Ingredients...
Tips on how to find the ingredients for this facial scrub in the UK free from plastic:
- Granulated Sugar is available in supermarkets in paper packaging, for example this own-brand sugar from Sainsbury's
- Coconut Oil is available as a solid oil in glass jars from supermarkets. A popular brand is Lucy Bee which is comes in a glass jar with a metal lid and is available from many UK supermarkets and Holland & Barrett.
- Olive Oil is available in both glass bottles and tinplate cans from supermarkets.
- Essential Oils can be bought in glass bottles from Boots or Holland & Barrett (normally with plastic lids) or online from Acala in glass bottles with aluminium lids.
This information is provided as a guide only and is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Found something better?
Share your recommended plastic-free alternative